All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
About this product
- DescriptionSince the Amsterdam Treaty of 1997 empowered the EC to adopt rules in the field of conflicts of laws, legal instruments have been adopted that provide common rules on issues that touch upon the day-to-day life of European citizens. There are w instruments covering jurisdiction and the recognition and enforcement of judgments in civil and commercial matters, family matters and maintenance obligations, and the law applicable to contractual and n-contractual obligations, legal separations and divorces. There is also legislation establishing swift procedures for recovering claims abroad, ie the European Enforcement Order, the European Order for Payment Procedure and the European Small Claims Procedure, and legislation regulating cross-border insolvency proceedings and judicial assistance in the field of service of documents, taking of evidence and access to justice. This long list of EU legislation is t exhaustive of EU conflicts of laws rules: numerous further provisions are scattered among other EU legislation, eg directives on consumer, labour and insurance contracts; company law; IP rights; securities; privacy; and so on. Besides this the European Court of Justice has issued many judgments addressing relevant aspects of the conflict of laws found in the acquis communautaire in this field. This book, which assembles all the relevant EU legislation and ECJ decisions in one place, provides a guide to the maze of legal instruments w in place, supplemented by brief commentaries identifying the leading principles and anticipating future developments.
- Author BiographyStefania Bariatti is professor of Private International Law in the Department of Public Law, Civil Procedure, International and EU Law at the Universita degli Studi di Milano.
- Author(s)Stefania Bariatti
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/04/2011
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleStudies in Private International Law
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Weight1580 g
- Width171 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.