Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.60Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.23Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn some cooking circles, cast iron gets a bad rep - people think it's old-fashioned, heavy, and hard to take care of. And really, how often do folks wadays need to hitch up a mule and wagon and leave civilization and Teflon - coated saute pans behind? True, cast iron is old; it's been around since the Middle Ages. And it is heavy. No one can dispute that even a small, cast-iron pot has a heft to it that other cookware has. Nevertheless, cast-iron cookware has a place in today's kitchens, and that doesn't mean simply hanging on the wall for decoration. Cast iron has much to offer modern-day cooks; it's easy to use, easy to care for, ecomical, versatile, and durable, and let's face it, it has a stalgic appeal that other cookware has. But more compelling than all those reasons is that it's a great cookware that makes great food. In fact, most cast-iron cooks will tell you that food cooked in cast iron tastes better than food cooked in anything else! Cast-Iron Cooking For Dummies is for those cooks who may want to inject a little adventure and variety into their cooking. If you've never even thought of using cast-iron cookware, or you have a few cast-iron pots lying around, you'll discover all you need to kw about making great food using cast iron. Here just a sampling of what you'll find in Cast-Iron Cooking For Dummies : selecting the right cast-iron cookware for you; seasoning a new cast-iron pan; caring for your cast-iron cookware; discovering techniques to enhance your cast-iron cooking; enjoying cast-iron cooking in the Great Outdoors; tons of delicious recipes, from main and side dishes to desserts and international dishes; and, top Ten lists on ways to make your cast-iron cookware last longer, the best dishes suited for cast iron, and tips for achieving success in cast-iron cooking. So, whether you're a cooking vice or an experienced chef, you can find plenty of enjoyment from cooking with cast iron - and Cast-Iron Cooking For Dummies can show you the way.
- Author BiographyTracy Barr is the coauthor of Adoption For Dummies and Latin For Dummies. Lodge Manufacturing is America's oldest family owned cookware manufacturer and the sole domestic cast iron cookware foundry.
- Author(s)Martin Yan,Mary Sue Milliken,Tracy L. Barr
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2003
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight493 g
- Width190 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.