All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most prolific and respected scholars today, Manuel Castells has given us a new language for understanding the impact of information and communication techlogies on social life. Politicians can longer run for office without a digital media strategy, new communication techlogies are a fundamental infrastructure for the ecomy, and the internet has become an invaluable tool for cultural production and consumption. Yet as more of our political, ecomic, and cultural interaction occurs over digital media, the ability to create and manipulate both content and networks becomes real power. Castells and the Media introduces a great thinker, presents original theories about the network society, and encourages readers to use these theories to help them understand the importance of digital media and social networks in their own lives.
- Author BiographyPhilip Howard is Associate Professor of Communication at the University of Washington.
- Author(s)Philip N. Howard
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication27/05/2011
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleTheory and Media
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Notefigures
- Weight202 g
- Width138 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.