All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSHE STARTED OUT WITH LESS THAN ANY GIRL I EVER KNEW So recalled Hollywood modeling agent Emmeline Snively of her client Norma Jeane Dougherty at the age of 19. But she worked the hardest. She wanted to learn. She wanted to BE SOMEBODY more than anybody I ever saw before in my life. And she became Marilyn Monroe. That is, in the eyes of all but a select few insiders who like Miss Snively saw that the greatest sex symbol of all time was a pure fabrication. An exquisitely crafted act. A dazzling illusion who disappeared as soon as the makeup came off at night. Through those insiders' eyes CASTING NORMA JEANE w recaptures the late summer of 1946 as a restless model and starlet described as pretty but plain steps into a role that will make her the most photographed, most talked about, and most written about woman of the 20th century.
- Author BiographyJames Glaeg is a journalist and documentarian whose favored milieu has been the movie and television factories of Hollywood. He has given numerous lectures and workshops on iconic media figures.
- Author(s)James Glaeg
- PublisherWoodbine Press
- Date of Publication12/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWoodbine Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.