Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Scott's introduction: The incidents on which the ensuing Novel mainly turns, are derived from the ancient Metrical Chronicle of The Brace, by Archdeacon Barbour, and from the History of the Houses of Douglas and Angus, by David Hume of Godscroft; and are sustained by the immemorial tradition of the western parts of Scotland. They are so much in consonance with the spirit and manners of the troubled age to which they are referred, that I can see reason for doubting their being founded in fact; the names, indeed, of numberless localities in the vicinity of Douglas Castle, appear to attest, beyond suspicion, many even of the smallest circumstances embraced in the story of Godscroft.
- Author(s)Sir Walter Scott
- PublisherAlan Rodgers Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationWoodlands Hills
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlan Rodgers Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight393 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.