All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationThe sleeper hit of 1965, Cat Ballou was declared an instant classic when its sly blend of Western parody and rapid-fire action hit the screen. Lee Marvin won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in his dual role as both Tim Strawn, a noseless ("it got bit off in a fight") gunslinger, and as Kid Shelleen, the woozy, boozy, has-been who goes up against Strawn at high noon. In accepting the award, Marvin said, "I think half of this belongs to a horse somewhere in the Valley," referring to the hilarious scene where Marvin and the horse both lean against a shed in a drunken stupor (certainly one ofthe most famous sight gags ever). Jane Fonda, at the height of her sex-kitten period, stars as Catherine "Cat" Ballou, the schoolmarm-turned-outlaw who teams with Kid to protect her father's ranch from a greedy railroad tycoon. Filmed in just 32 days, Cat Ballou went on to become one of the biggest box office hits of 1965, proving the popularity of the Western spoof. Singer Nat King Cole and comedian Stubby Kaye also appear in this wild and wooly Western comedy classic, singing the title song, "The Ballad of Cat Ballou."
- TitleCat Ballou
- Product Release Date15/10/2003
- Theatrical Release Year1965
- Number of Discs1
- ActorsJane Fonda,Lee Marvin,Michael Callan
- DirectorsElliott Silverstein
- Rating InfoGeneral Exhibition
- Run Time94 minutes
- Primary GenreComedy
- Sub GenreAward - OSCAR - Actor
- Video FormatPAL
Most relevant reviews
- kobil81619 Mar, 2014by
Just buy it and enjoy !
So old and so up to date! Wonderful colors for a film that old and good story. amazing Lee Marvin and of course Nat King Cole. Just buy it and enjoy !
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $54.99Trending at AU $64.92
- AU $14.95Trending at AU $16.00
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.01
- AU $19.45Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $26.23Trending at AU $27.82
- AU $22.54Trending at AU $39.50
- AU $29.80Trending at AU $34.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.