All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Brown narrates the story of a solitary author (Michael) who is coerced by a friend to visit a mutual acquaintance dying of cancer in the local hospital. Michael reluctantly agrees to visit one time. Set in the dusty Karoo desert town of Aberdeen, South Africa, <i>Tales for Mariette</i> tells of the friendship that forms between Michael and Mariette Van Wyk, as his visits become numerous. The two bond over Michael's sharing of cat stories from his many years of experiencing cats in his life. Michael's wish is to have eugh stories to share with Mariette throughout the holidays, and Mariette's life-long wish to experience what cats are like comes alive through cat tales over tea and cookies. These stories magically bring healing and resolution of their pasts to both Michael and Mariette, as well as comfort and insight to Mariette as she takes this difficult journey toward death.
- Author Biography<b>Michael Brown</b> is the successful author of two Namaste Publishing books, <i>The Presence Process</i> and <i>Alchemy of the Heart</i>. Both books are a culmination of his years exploring present moment awareness. He developed the internationally known procedure, The Presence Process, for which his first book was named. After traveling extensively in North America to promote this process, Michael returned to South Africa to pursue other interests, including fiction writing. <i>Tales for Mariette</i> is Michael's first fiction book. He lives in Aberdeen, South Africa.
- Author(s)Dr Michael Brown
- PublisherNamaste Publishing
- Date of Publication11/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintNamaste Publishing
- Weight204 g
- Width127 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.