All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionWhile other Bible catalogs are available, this comprehensive reference book is destined to become the standard in the field. Chamberlin's one-volume work traces the publication history of multiple editions of Bible translations and offers valuable decriptive antations. The catalog t only includes complete Bibles, but also Old and New Testaments, partial texts, commentaries that include translations, children's Bibles, Apocryphal writings, and the Koran, as well. Other bibliographies are usually limited to editions commonly found in academic libraries, but Chamberlin's guide also includes Bibles found in private collections. Overall, this catalogue contains more than five times as many entries of different English translations as two other Bible bibliographies, those by Hill and Herbert, combined. The entries are grouped in 151 categories, and within each category entries are listed in chrological order. The accompanying antations identify the translator and provide an overview of the contents of each work. The detailed indexes make this bibliography a convenient tool for researchers. Bible scholars, collectors, and rare book dealers will find this catalogue a necessary addition to their libraries.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM J. CHAMBERLIN is Director of The Bible Museum and Biblical Research Foundation. He has published widely on rare translations of the Bible and is editor of The Bible Researcher.
- Author(s)William J. Chamberlin
- Date of Publication10/12/1991
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleBibliographies and Indexes in Religious Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 21
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteindices
- Weight1461 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.