Catalysis for Change: Concepts and Principles for Enabling Innovation by William B. Rouse (Hardback, 1993)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $277.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.96Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOf related interest Design for Success A Human-Centered Approach to Designing Successful Products and Systems William B. Rouse This groundbreaking book offers a comprehensive, methodological framework for the human-centered design of complex systems. This dynamic new approach to system design includes four phases - naturalist, marketing, engineering, and sales and service - which cover the entire product life cycle, including:Evaluating users' needs and preferencesConcept and market evaluation of alternative ways to satisfy these demandsDetailed design and engineering evaluation of products and systemsFielding and ongoing in-use evaluationA wide variety of methods and tools is discussed within this methodological framework. Applications are illustrated with case studies of actual applications in a variety of industries. This book makes human-centered design very concrete and readily applicable to practical and realistically complex design problems. How to guidance is provided in the form of case histories and almost 100 figures and tables, as well as principles and guidelines for implementing the design toolbox outlined throughout the book. 1991 (0471-52483-2) 287 pp. Strategies for Invation Creating Successful Products, Systems, and Organizations William B. Rouse Concentrating on techlogy-based businesses, Strategies for Invation presents a comprehensive methodology for business planning and market development. The author demonstrates these principles with actual plans successfully implemented in his own invative software company. In addition, he has included a wealth of real-life examples, case studies and vignettes, with which he explores marketing strategies, business techniques, and planning methodologies that have worked for companies ranging from techlogy-based Fortune 500 companies to small new venture start-ups. The book includes more than 100 figures and tables that provide easy access to critical information, and an extensive bibliography. This highly practical guide is an important resource for executives in techlogy-based businesses, as well as systems engineers and engineering managers. It is also an excellent text for MBA candidates and graduate students and teachers in areas related to the design and management of techlogy-based enterprises. 1992 (0-471-55904-0) 272 pp.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM B. ROUSE, PhD, is Chief Executive Officer of Search Technology, an innovative software company. He has been a professor of systems engineering at both the Georgia Institute of Technology and the University of Illinois. Dr. Rouse is a member of the National Academy of Engineering, a fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, and recipient of the Norbert Wiener Award from the Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society. He is the author of the widely read and well regarded Strategies for Innovation: Creating Successful Products, Systems, and Organizations and Design for Success: A Human-Centered Approach to Designing Successful Products and Systems. Dr. Rouse received his doctorate in systems engineering from MIT.
- Author(s)William B. Rouse
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/09/1993
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleWiley Series in Systems Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteindex
- Weight558 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.