Catalytic Coaching: The End of the Performance Review by Garold L. Markle (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $30.74Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter two decades of hands-on experience with performance management systems in some of the world's most well recognized organizations, Markle has come to propound what he calls a universal law of modern business. People hate performance reviews. Drawing upon his studies of and experience with systems theory and illustrating his points with real-life examples, Markle explains why employees and managers both have come to regard the ubiquitous performance evaluation as industry's poorest performing, most ineffective, and least efficient personnel practice. By digging down to its roots, he helps us understand why attempts to correct the flawed system fail. He provides an invative way to measure their ineffectiveness and inefficiency and then introduces his catalytic coaching to replace them. Markle shows how his system is superior to others in five key business outcomes: 1) positive behavioral change; 2) motivation to work hard; 3) retention of key contributors; 4) internal promotions and succession; and 5) prevention of and protection from lawsuits. Not only is catalytic coaching more effective, it is also more efficient: it requires far less time and paperwork to implement and maintain. Markle gives his readers all of the forms, instruments and detailed instructions they need to operationalize his system. Business executives, senior HR professionals, and organization development specialists will benefit particularly from his presentation, as will other managers, executives, and supervisors, all of whom must learn to take ownership of their responsibilities to their organizations and themselves.
- Author BiographyGAROLD L. MARKLE is a founding principal of Energage Incorporated, a consulting firm based in Marietta, GA./e Gary and his associates help business leaders provide coaching, training, and consulting services that produce superior business results through people. Markle is also a Chairman of The Executive Committee in Atlanta, GA and he lectures frequently as an active member of the Georgia Speakers Association and the National Speakers Association. Markle has served in senior level HR management and executive positions for the four different, globally prominent companies, including three listed among the Fortune 100. His most recent position was Vice President of Human Resources and member of the executive leadership team for an international chemical company.
- Author(s)Garold L. Markle
- Date of Publication30/01/2000
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight473 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.