All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe efficient conversion of biomass to value-added products has become a major research area in the pursuit of alternatives to petroleum-based feedstocks; hydrogenation and hydrogelysis are important tools to achieving this aim. This book presents comprehensive coverage of the different catalysts for these reactions, targeting the efficient conversion of bio-based molecules and biopolymers. The editor, Roberto Rinaldi, is an ackwledged leader in the field of biomass conversion, and has brought together experts from across the globe to examine all aspects of the process, including the solvents, catalysts and feedstocks used in modern biorefineries. Consideration is also given to the fundamentals of running a plant, such as equipment and safety issues. As the biorefinery industry expands to meet the latest discoveries in biomass conversion, this book provides a thorough grounding in the subject and is an essential reference to researchers at the forefront of discovering new products, companies wishing to scale-up biomass conversion, and postgraduate students of sustainable chemistry and chemical engineering.
- Author BiographyDmitry Murzin is Chair of Chemical Technology at Abo Akademi University. He serves on the editorial boards of several journals in the catalysis and chemical engineering fields, and is an elected member of the Societas Scientiarum Fennica and Svenska Tekniska Vetenskapsakademien i Finland science academies.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication21/11/2014
- Series TitleRSC Energy and Environment Series
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight631 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byRoberto Rinaldi
- Series Edited byLaurie Peter,Ferdi Schuth,Heinz Frei,Tim S. Zhao
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.