All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionJeff Luke's book is simply outstanding and a must read for those public leaders interested in advancing the common good. ?John Bryson, professor of planing and public affairs in the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota and author of Strategic Planning for Public and Nonprofit OrganizationsThis groundbreaking guide presents a new kind of leadership that addresses the complex problems facing today's public leaders. These issues?such as ecomic development, homelessness, teen pregnancy, and many others?are interconnected in nature and have quick fix solutions. Leaders in federal, state and local agencies must reach out beyond their boundaries to engage a much broader group of stakeholders to create sustainable strategies to address them. The catalytic leader brings together diverse individuals from multiple agencies to address interconnected public problems and work together toward solutions.Filled with case studies, real-world examples, and many other hands-on resources, Catalytic Leadership is written for the true public leaders?citizens from all walks of life, working together to tackle the toughest public problems.
- Author BiographyJEFFREY S. LUKE is director of the Pacific Program for State and Local Government Executives and associate professor of planning, public policy, and management at the University of Oregon. He is co--author of Management Training Strategies in Third World Countries (1987 with J. Kerrigan), Managing Economic Development: State and Local Leadership Strategies (1988 with C. Ventriss, B.J. Reed, and C. Reed) He has been a consultant to a wide variety of federal, state and local government agencies, and has published over twenty articles, papers and chapters on public leadership, strategic planning, and ethics.
- Author(s)Jeffrey S. Luke
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication10/10/1997
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width161 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.