All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplosive, subversive, wild and funny, 50 years on the vel's strength is undiminished. Reading Joseph Heller's classic satire is thing less than a rite of passage. Set in the closing months of World War II, this is the story of a bombardier named Yossarian who is frantic and furious because thousands of people he has never met are trying to kill him. His real problem is t the enemy - it is his own army which keeps increasing the number of missions the men must fly to complete their service. If Yossarian makes any attempts to excuse himself from the perilous missions then he is caught in Catch-22: if he flies he is crazy, and doesn't have to; but if he doesn't want to he must be sane and has to. That's some catch...
- Author BiographyJoseph Heller was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1923. In 1961, he published Catch-22, which became a bestseller and, in 1970, a film. He went on to write such novels as Something Happened, God Knows, Picture This, Closing Time (the sequel to Catch-22), and Portrait of an Artist, as an Old Man. Heller died in December 1999.
- Author(s)Joseph Heller
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication23/06/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVintage Classics
- Weight378 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement50th Anniversary Edition
Most relevant reviews
- laura184laura09 Mar, 2013by
A must read book. Clever, funny, insightful and sad. Best war book I've ever read. Regret waiting so long in life to read it. Can't wait for my kids to be old enough to experience it's brilliance.
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.