All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
About this product
- DescriptionCATCH A WAVE is a study of the early statehood politics of Hawaii. The legendary Goverr John A. Burns is challenged by the brilliant upstart Thomas P. Gill in the Democratic primary. The influences of labor, business, war veterans, insiders and outsiders are revealed in the process. The campaign was an early exercise in fusing money and television. The rewned Democratic consultant Joseph Napolitan called CATCH A WAVE required reading for anyone interested in politics and government in Hawaii. The book has sold 20,000 copies. The current printing is its sixth.
- Author BiographyTom Coffman is a former chief political reporter for the Honolulu Star-Bulletin. He is now an independent writer and documentary film producer. Other books include Nation Within and The Island Edge of America.
- Author(s)Tom Coffman
- Date of Publication12/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.