Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.40
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.69
About this product
- DescriptionAll the parts of everyday life are unclothed and transformed in Catching Bats Takes Patience. Mary Kennelly looks at the routine of domestic life and motherhood and picks it apart, revealing a hidden layer of emotion and depth to her everyday life.Nothing is off limits for Kennelly. Relationships, sex, gender, religion, love and death are all goldmines of heartbreak, anger and stalgia. In particular, she writes from the heart about motherhood, and the loss and growth that accompanies it. A sense of regret is absent from Kenelly s collection, opting instead for lessons learned and defiance in the face of negativity.Kennelly offers a book of poetry described as 'deceptively simple'; there are tricky difficulties in which to drown the reader. Touching on a range of bittersweet themes, Catching Bats Takes Patience explores with uncompromising honesty the complexities of life in a beguilingly direct tone.
- Author(s)Mary Kennelly
- PublisherLiberties Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintLiberties Press Ltd
- Weight136 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.