All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for the Second Edition A must-have book for anyone expecting to do research and/or applications in categorical data analysis. Statistics in Medicine It is a total delight reading this book. Pharmaceutical Research If you do any analysis of categorical data, this is an essential desktop reference. Techmetrics The use of statistical methods for analyzing categorical data has increased dramatically, particularly in the biomedical, social sciences, and financial industries. Responding to new developments, this book offers a comprehensive treatment of the most important methods for categorical data analysis. Categorical Data Analysis, Third Edition summarizes the latest methods for univariate and correlated multivariate categorical responses. Readers will find a unified generalized linear models approach that connects logistic regression and Poisson and negative bimial loglinear models for discrete data with rmal regression for continuous data. This edition also features: * An emphasis on logistic and probit regression methods for binary, ordinal, and minal responses for independent observations and for clustered data with marginal models and random effects models * Two new chapters on alternative methods for binary response data, including smoothing and regularization methods, classification methods such as linear discriminant analysis and classification trees, and cluster analysis * New sections introducing the Bayesian approach for methods in that chapter * More than 100 analyses of data sets and over 600 exercises * Notes at the end of each chapter that provide references to recent research and topics t covered in the text, linked to a bibliography of more than 1,200 sources * A supplementary website showing how to use R and SAS; for all examples in the text, with information also about SPSS and Stata and with exercise solutions Categorical Data Analysis, Third Edition is an invaluable tool for statisticians and methodologists, such as biostatisticians and researchers in the social and behavioral sciences, medicine and public health, marketing, education, finance, biological and agricultural sciences, and industrial quality control.
- Author BiographyALAN AGRESTI is Distinguished Professor Emeritus in the Department of Statistics at the University of Florida. He has presented short courses on categorical data methods in thirty countries. He is the author of five other books, including An Introduction to Categorical Data Analysis, Second Edition and Analysis of Ordinal Categorical Data, Second Edition, both published by Wiley.
- Author(s)Alan Agresti
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- Series TitleWiley Series in Probability and Statistics
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1408 g
- Width188 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.