All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.11
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
About this product
- Description<b>The riveting (<i>The Washington Post</i>) #1 international bestseller--w in paperback in the U.S.</b> In the tradition of Ken Follett's <i>The Pillars of the Earth</i>, here is a thrilling historical vel of friendship and revenge, plague and hope, love and war, set in the golden age of 14th-century Barcelona. Arnau Estanyol arrives in Barcelona and joins the powerful guild of stone-workers building the magnificent cathedral of Santa Maria del Mar, while his adoptive brother Joan studies to become a priest. As Arnau prospers, he secretly falls in love with a forbidden woman. When he is betrayed and hauled before the Inquisitor, he finds himself face-to-face with his own brother. Will he lose his life just as his beloved cathedral is finally completed, or will his brother spare him?
- Author BiographyIldefonso Falcones is a well-known attorney who lives Barcelona. He found fame when his novel <i>Il Catedral del Mar</i> sold over a million copies and has been #1 on the Spanish bestseller lists for ten months. In Spain, he is often compared to Ken Follett and his book had drawn numerous comparisons to Follett's masterpiece <i>The Pillars of the Earth</i>. Falcones has also been called the new Dan Brown by <i>El Mundo</i>. Now, Dutton brings this giant international bestseller to an American audience.
- Author(s)Ildefonso Falcones
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notemaps
- Weight658 g
- Width150 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.