Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.67Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis group of 18 darkly radiant images of Chicago is the latest in the Los Angeles-based artist Catherine Opie's photographic series, <i>American Cities</i>, ongoing since 1997. Seeking to uncover aspects of each city's psychic and physical identity and sense of community, Opie's series has taken on Minneapolis, St. Louis, Los Angeles, New York and w Chicago--the American City of Architecture. This newest body of work consists of a group of 14 cturnal black-and-white photographs of Chicago's architectural landscape alongside a set of four deep, four-color portrait views of Lake Michigan at different seasons of the year. At only $12, the book itself is small eugh to serve as the perfect sophisticated souvenir, and yet monumental in every way.
- PublisherMuseum of Contemporary Art, Chicago
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- Place of PublicationIllinos
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMuseum of Contemporary Art, Chicago
- Content Note7 colour illustrations, 19 b & w illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width180 mm
- Height130 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Photographer(s)Catherine Opie
- Foreword byRobert Fitzpatrick
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.