Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman by Robert K Massie (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.74Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.86Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description[A] tale of power, perseverance and passion . . . a great story in the hands of a master storyteller. -- The Wall Street Journal <br> The Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Peter the Great, Nicholas and Alexandra, and The Romavs returns with ather masterpiece of narrative biography, the extraordinary story of an obscure German princess who became one of the most remarkable, powerful, and captivating women in history. Born into a mir ble family, Catherine transformed herself into empress of Russia by sheer determination. For thirty-four years, the government, foreign policy, cultural development, and welfare of the Russian people were in her hands. She dealt with domestic rebellion, foreign wars, and the tidal wave of political change and violence churned up by the French Revolution. Catherine's family, friends, ministers, generals, lovers, and enemies--all are here, vividly brought to life. History offers few stories richer than that of Catherine the Great. In this book, an eternally fascinating woman is returned to life. <br> [A] compelling portrait t just of a Russian titan, but also of a flesh-and-blood woman. -- Newsweek <br><br> An absorbing, satisfying biography. -- Los Angeles Times <br> Juicy and suspenseful. -- The New York Times Book Review <br> A great life, indeed, and irresistibly told. --Salon <br> NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY<br> The New York Times - The Washington Post - USA Today - The Boston Globe - San Francisco Chronicle - Chicago Tribune - Newsweek/ The Daily Beast - Salon - Vogue - St. Louis Post-Dispatch - The Providence Journal - Washington Examiner - South Florida Sun-Sentinel - BookPage - Bookreporter - Publishers Weekly
- Author BiographyRobert K. Massie was born in Lexington, Kentucky, and studied American history at Yale and European history at Oxford, which he attended as a Rhodes Scholar. He was president of the Authors Guild from 1987 to 1991. His previous books include Nicholas and Alexandra, Peter the Great: His Life and World (for which he won a Pulitzer Prize for biography), The Romanovs: The Final Chapter, Dreadnought: Britain, Germany, and the Coming of the Great War, and Castles of Steel: Britain, Germany, and the Winning of the Great War at Sea. <p> From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Robert K Massie
- PublisherLarge Print Press
- Date of Publication02/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Royalty
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLarge Print Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1157 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.