Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe relationship between the Catholic Church and theatre has a long and complicated history. This collection of fourteen critical essays seeks to demystify the ties--both practical and ideological--that have long bound Catholicism to theatrical production. This volume offers insights into medieval theatre, Jesuit drama, ballet and opera, modern stagings of medieval liturgical drama, Lorca and Lope de Vega as Catholic playwrights, Italian Catholic women's drama, catholic playwrighting and acting, and the unique challenges of teaching theatre in Catholic universities. A great addition to both Catholic and theatre studies.
- Author BiographyKevin J. Wetmore, Jr., is associate professor of theatre and cinema at Loyola Marymount University and the author of ten books on theatre and cinema. In addition to his scholarly work, he is an actor, director, and stage combat choreographer. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotos, index
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKevin J. Wetmore
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.