All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with the relationship between the catholicity of the Church and ethnicity. Churches confess their catholicity - which means that they declare that their members belong to one community; but at the same time, the churches are often internally divided along ethnic lines. South Africa was a divided society under apartheid, which also shaped the churches ethnically. The legacy of apartheid continues to cause division between people through inequality, injustice, skewed power relations, and marginalisation. The author presents an analytical tool that has been derived from key documents of the Faith and Order movement and the World Council of Churches concerning the catholicity of the Church. In addition, he tests the catholicity of the Church against an operative ecclesiology of South African congregations and churches twenty years after the dismantling of apartheid.
- Author BiographyErik Berggren is a priest and works at the international department at Church House in Uppsala, the headquarters of the Church of Sweden. He studied Theology and Political Science at Uppsala University. He has also completed the Graduate School of Ecumenical Studies in Bossey, WCC/University of Geneva.
- Author(s)Erik Berggren
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication25/04/2016
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleEuropaeische Hochschulschriften / European University Studies / Publications Universitaires Europeennes
- Series Part/Volume Number954
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2016
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight590 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.