Cats are Not Peas: A Calico History of Genetics by Laura L. Gould (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe Vets Turn Pale...George, a male calico, was a genetic amaly, a manifestation of something that isn't supposed to happen, a creature so rare that even most veterinarians have never seen one. His curious existence sparked Laura Gould's long search through the archives of genetics to unearth the charming and valiant roles played by early cat geneticists, as well as cats themselves, in the study of genes and how they work. For everyone with an interest in cats and cat breeding, this is an unforgettable and often hilarious account of the intersecting lives of cats and geneticists. The field of genetics has exploded since 1992, when the first edition of Cats Are Not Peas was completed. Thus a lengthy Addendum is included in this new edition, providing the reader with the termilogy and concepts needed to understand two burgeoning new areas in which cats have again had significant roles to play---the sequencing of gemes and the production of clones. These descriptions allow you to view with increasing wonder the world around you and to think seriously about whether you would like to have your personal geme mapped or your cat cloned, both of which are w possible (if you can afford it).
- Author BiographyLaura Gould's interests range from computational linguistics (participation in machine translation, child language acquisition, and speech understanding projects) to the social implications of technology (co-founder of Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility) to the innovative transmission of ideas (recipient of U.C. Berkeley's Distinguished Teaching Award). She lives with her husband and copious wildlife in a wilderness area of Northern California.
- Author(s)Laura L. Gould
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2007
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNatick
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA K Peters
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.