All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe great hotels of the Catskill Mountains were once the playground of movie stars, athletes, and politicians, as well as millions of holidaying New Yorkers. In time, however, The Catskills became victim to the social and ecomic progression that helped cultivate the area's own resort industry. Take a step back in time to revisit the architectural legacy of these hotels, from the majestic mountain houses of the nineteenth century to the glamorous mid-century hotels of the Borscht Belt: Grossinger's, the Concord, and the Nevele. Relive the stories behind the theatres and night-clubs and the architecture of the lavish lobbies where bellhops welcomed celebrities; and the vacuous dining rooms that served thousands of rich kosher meals each day. Now all a distant memory, the hotels are kept alive through hundreds of photographs, postcards, brochures, and drawings depicting their grandeur of yesteryear. This is a great resource for historians, architectural buffs, and all those who once holidayed there.
- Author BiographyRoss Padluck is an architect based in Manhattan. Also a photographer, his interests include old buildings and mid-century design. Originally from the Hudson Valley, he graduated summa cum laude from New York Institute of Technology.
- Author(s)Ross Padluck
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note217 colour & 163 b/w illus
- Weight1225 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.