All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionCat lovers will purr-aise this litter of sophisticated kitties, all dreamed up by one of the New Yorker s star cartoonists and an author/illustrator of more than twenty-five books. Irresistibly original, elegant, and humorous, Cattitudes is a feline feast for the eyes featuring more than seventy watercolor illustrations. Delight in this eclectic collection of images, all cats of singular talent and endless appeal: they re literary, artistic, ecclesiastic, acrobatic, and masochistic. There are beautiful cats, international cats, and bad cats and mad cats in need of a little therapy. Meet the languorous Henry (Miller) and Anais (Nin); the self-portrait-painting Frida Kahlo, with whiskers included; and cat choreographers Merce (Cunningham) and Martha (Graham), modern dance pioneer. Watch cats indulging in small pleasures, like playing with wool and walking on stilts. But matter what they re doing, these cats look marvelous and they kw it, too! With a sense of wit, fun, and endless charm, this is a must for feline fans everywhere and a treat for anyone. But be warned: Not every creature in this book is declawed!
- Author BiographyBorn in New York City, Victoria Roberts grew up in Mexico City and Sydney, Australia. In addition to working as a contract cartoonist for the New Yorker for over twenty-five years, she illustrates the New York Times weekly science question. Her work has appeared in the Washington Post, Boston Globe, Wall Street Journal, Time magazine, BusinessWeek, Town & Country, Real Simple, Readers Digest, and Playboy, among others. Her first cartoon strip, My Sunday, ran in Nation Review (Australia) when she was nineteen, Literary Review (U.K.), Uno Mas Uno (Mexico), and Vrij Nederland (Holland). She has written/illustrated over twenty-five books, including Women Who Run with the Poodles and You Just Glow. Victoria lives in New York City. Her website is www.victoriaroberts.net.
- Author(s)Victoria Roberts
- PublisherCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication22/04/2014
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintImagine Publishing, Inc
- Out-of-print date02/03/2016
- Content NoteColour Throughout
- Weight318 g
- Width197 mm
- Height146 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.