All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLameness is one of the major ailments of dairy cows. The distress it causes to the afflicted animals is reflected in decreased milk yields and an increase in infertility. Over the past twenty years, there has been a continuous programme of research in Britain and overseas into all aspects of the disease. In particular, our understanding of the changes in hoof growth around the time of calving has greatly increased. This enlarged and completely revised new edition takes into account all the recent research findings and presents the results in a readable manner. The highly illustrated text is fully referenced for students who wish to enquire further, but above all it is a straightforward manual for the practical use of those dealing with dairy cows.
- Author BiographyRoger Blowey FRCVS is a partner in a mixed veterinary practice in the west of England. He is an RCVS specialist on cattle health and winner of the Bledisloe Veterinary Award for outstanding achievements in the veterinary field. He is also author of the standard work A Veterinary Book for Dairy Farmers.
- Author(s)Roger Blowey
- Publisher5m Publishing
- Date of Publication31/08/2007
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOld Pond Publishing Ltd
- Content Note197 illustrations
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.71Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.01
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.