Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionInternational cricket is being contaminated by crooked players, ruthless gamblers and bent officials. This staggering catalogue of revelations exposes appalling scandals involving the biggest names in the sport. Often under ermous pressure from gambling gangs who threaten serious physical harm and even abduction if their orders are t carried out, many of them have frequently and deliberately cheated. These riveting revelations will shock and disgust any fan and honest player, from those in school elevens and local clubs, right up to the sportsmen who play at county and international levels. Caught Out shines the light upon the most extraordinary cricketing tales, including the tragic death of Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer, whose body was discovered in his hotel room; the disgraced former South African captain Hansie Cronje, who was killed in a plane crash in 2002; the terrified Pakistan wicket-keeper who was forced to seek asylum in Britain after fleeing angry bookmakers; and how slippery England literally licked the Aussies with Murray Mints to bag the Ashes. Icons are names and shamed in a wealth of disclosures that cover match fixing, spot fixing, cocaine smuggling, death threats, kidnapping, ferocious betting, and even high-class prostitutes, who are paraded as additional rewards for players who cheat at the behest of illegal bookmakers.
- Author BiographyBrian Radford is an investigative sports journalist who writes for the national press, and author of six books, including Taken for a Ride, an insight into the frauds of horseracing. He also assisted Steve Davis, the six-time world snooker champion, with his autobiography, and has written books on big names in cricket, football and horseracing. Watching any standard of cricket, live of on television, takes up most of his free time. Not surprising for a Welshman, he sings in a choir, and has a passion for rugby. Brian and his wife, Jill, have a grown up son, and daughter, and live in Berkshire.
- Author(s)Brian Radford
- PublisherJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication06/06/2011
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width150 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.