All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionSlaney lay there, flat on his back, chest hammering, looking at the stars. It was as far as he had been from the Springfield penitentiary since the doors of that institution admitted him four years before. It was t far eugh. He heaved himself off the ground and started running. It's June 1978 and David Slaney can be sure of only one thing. He can't get caught. Not this time. He's escaped from prison, needs to make good on the drug heist that went wrong, win back the woman he loves and buy himself a new life. First, though, he must travel across a vast country of watchful eyes, booby traps and friends who could be foes - he can't trust anyone, it turns out. And then on to Columbia, where the real test begins. With bravado and the exuberant folly of youth, Slaney embarks on a road trip that will take him from the seedy motels of Nova Scotia to a beach party in Columbia, navigating bad weather and a ferocious storm at sea, undercover cops and gun-toting drug barons. In elegant, forensic prose and a fierce, dry humour, Lisa Moore tightens the net around Slaney in a suspenseful and compulsive adventure story.
- Author BiographyLisa Moore is the acclaimed author of February, which was longlisted for the Man Booker Prize, selected as one of The New Yorker's Best Books of the Year, was a Globe and Mail Top 100 Book and winner of Canada Reads 2013. Her short story collection Open was a finalist for the Giller Prize, as was her first novel Alligator, which went on to win the Commonwealth Fiction Prize for Canada and the Caribbean, and was longlisted for the Orange Prize for Fiction. She lives in St. John's, Newfoundland.
- PrizesShortlisted for Scotiabank Giller Prize 2013.
- Author(s)Lisa Moore
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight268 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.