Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionShe was the Princess Diana of her day. Her story The English Gone With The Wind . She loved clothes and jewels and parties. She had exquisite taste in interior design. She seemed destined to reign as one of England's most glamorous queens, famed for the beautiful palaces she designed and decorated. Instead, Princess Henrietta Maria of France became caught up in the Civil War, one of the greatest cataclysms in English history. Swept from her life of luxury into the squalid brutality of battle and the loneliness of exile, her heart was torn by the two men she loved - her husband, tragic Charles I and charismatic Harry Jermyn, who designed and built most of London's West End, including the street which bears his name. This is their story.
- Author BiographyAfter ten years at the BBC, primarily in Radio 1 where she worked with the likes of John Peel, Tommy Vance and Mark Radcliffe, Fiona Mountain left to pursue her great passion for history, in particular a fascination for the seventeenth century. Since childhood visits to the haunting 'Plague Village' of Eyam in the Dark Peak of Derbyshire, Fiona has been captivated by this most turbulent and vibrant period in history. She finds a real thrill in researching it through letters and original documents, which she uses to help bring some of history's most intriguing characters back to life. Fiona has written five novels and lives in the historic Cotswolds with her family. She remains a rock chick at heart.
- Author(s)Fiona Mountain
- Date of Publication02/08/2012
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight421 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.