Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionTop military leadership has identified problems with the timeliness and effectiveness of DoD contingency construction support. Qualitative data was in order to gain clarity on the problem space and lay a foundation for solution generation and selection. Interviews were conducted with agents with experience within the Iraq and Afghanistan theater of operation as well as support functions for the Pentagon. Commanders, Engineers, Lawyers, Acquisition Attorneys, Staff Officers and Program Managers have been interview. The interviews have been analyzed using open coding to answer research question and identify to emergent themes and concepts. The data collected has confirmed the hypothesis that the project programming regulatory structure is t meeting its intent, or the needs of our war fighters. Furthermore, because it is t meeting the war fighter's need the system is being manipulated in order to, accomplish the mission which is creating unintended consequences with regard to cost, health, safety, force protection, ADA violations, mission support and safety. Significant negative consequences were found to be attributed to the interpretation of temporary construction and the time required to process CCA projects. Additionally, a value stream map was created in order to map the contingency construction approval and funding process. This research effort has provided clarity of the problem space of contingency construction and prepared a foundation for future research to address the problem.
- Author(s)Michael J Pluger
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.