All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionSince the early 1980s, Cedric Nunn (born 1957) has chronicled the daily realities of apartheid, civil war and social unrest in South Africa and neighboring Mozambique. He began photographing in Durban--the third largest city in South Africa--documenting the realities of apartheid largely igred by the mainstream media, and soon moved to Johannesburg where he joined the Afrapix collective and agency. Working largely with such n-governmental organizations, Nunn has continued to document social change, focusing particularly on rural issues. He envisages his work as a force for social good, declaring, I am committed through my photographs to contributing to societal change that will leave a positive legacy for the children of Africa. Call and Response features work from the 1970s to the present offering an introduction to the oeuvre of one of South Africa's great social photographers.
- PublisherHatje Cantz
- Date of Publication22/02/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintHatje Cantz
- Weight1066 g
- Width240 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byRalf-Peter Seippel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.