All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHighlighting the legacy of Nalanda, the home of the world's first residential university (c. AD 450), this book celebrates the state of Bihar that completed its centenary in 2012. It narrates the story of the confluence of many belief systems- Buddhism, Jainism, Sufism, and Hinduism-and showcases the heritage of Nalanda. Affording insights into archaeological sites, such as the ruins of Nalanda University, Ashokan stupas at Girijak, the Cyclopean walls, the Swarna Bhandar, the Maniyar Math, Jarasandh ka Akhada [Banquet Hall of King Jarasandh], King Bimbisara's Jail, Teladhaka monastery, and the antiquities found in the village Jiar among others, the work provides a comprehensive picture of Nalanda and its surroundings. With around 160 colour photographs melding into one ather, the volume creates a rare visual continuity perhaps experienced only in motion pictures.
- Author BiographyNishant Tiwary an IPS, is currently serving Bettiah district (Champaran) as Superintendent of Police. He was the best probationer of 2005 batch of IPS officers, and awarded by the Hon'ble President of India with the Best Zonal Award of Election Commission of India; awarded by the Prime Minister of India with Home Ministry's Pistol, PM's Baton, and with President of India Cup. Earlier he worked in India and USA as a senior software engineer.
- Author(s)Nishant Tiwary
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication09/01/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Note160 colour photos
- Weight1188 g
- Width297 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.