All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionWhen God established His covenant with Israel, He gave them a calendar of observances and festivals to celebrate so they would always remember their historical journey, their salvation, and, most importantly, their God. Like the Jewish calendar, the Christian year continues the celebration of God's covenant by focusing on the life and ministry of Christ. Remembering and celebrating the events of this liturgical cycle allows us to recall the mysteries of redemption, sense the significance of scriptural events, and marvel at the great power and love of God given to us through the gift of His Son, Jesus.Celebrations and Observances of the Church Year is an excellent resource that shows pastors and worship leaders how to use the liturgical rhythm of the Christian calendar to help their congregations encounter Christ and participate in God s continuing story. With practical examples and clear definitions, it explains the history and background behind the Christian calendar and provides a framework for creating services that connect people to the richness of our Christian traditions and faith. From preaching and reading scripture to using colorful banners, music, and drama, Gary Waller helps pastors find ways to use the celebrations of the church year to deepen and enrich people's faith and tell the story of God's redemptive work in the world.
- Author BiographyGary Lee Waller pastored for more than twenty years, was a professor at Northwest Nazarene University, and served as a creative influence at Allelon Ministries, an international voice in the missional and emergent dialogue. He is currently an adjunct professor and serves as a missional consultant to churches. He is a sought after speaker for retreats, camps, conferences, and seminars. A gifted communicator with a strong sense of humor, Gary mentors others in experiencing the richness that comes from a disciplined life of engagement with God. His passions include fostering spiritual formation, teaching pastoral practice, and guiding churches to missionally engage with culture. Gary has written several self-published books as well as articles in journals and periodicals. He and his wife, Ann, live in Nampa, Idaho.
- Author(s)Gary Lee Waller
- PublisherLillenas Publishing
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationMissouri
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLillenas Publishing
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.