All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionJack Carter Christian - that actor in that film you think you saw once - used to be an accomplished star of the silver screen. Now he's best kwn for his impending divorce from the world-famous mega-starlet Sandi Valone Rockwood. She's far removed from the natural beauty with the coy smile that entranced him all those years ago - w she's a surgically-altered viper addicted to microwave meals and children's juice drinks. Likewise, Jack's undergoing a very public change of character after an on-set head injury turns his world upside down. Hounded everywhere he turns by social media 'clicktivists' and hashtag protesters, Jack soon finds himself in deep trouble - as deep and dark as the caverus pit in his stomach when he realises the horribly enticing truth about what's he's capable of. Say goodbye to the affable character actor, and hello to the avenging angel of Celebrityville. This crime thriller with a satirical bite features a roster of rogues who inhabit the strange and glittery corners of the celebrity world. Amongst them are a comedian with an ego the size of a small continent, a burger flipper who taints celebrity orders for social media likes, a diminutive but extraordinarily fierce personal assistant, and a washed-up adult star under the thumb of a higher power. Celebrityville is an absurd dark comedy with murderous thrills. Notorious Stranger/Ridiculed Icon/Dominated Avenger - this is the first story in the Celebrityville Series. Also includes the tie-in short story The Great and The Good, in which gossip from behind the velvet curtain, and the rehabilitating merits of altruism, clash with a hallucinatory public meltdown.
- Author BiographyNick Thomson is a freelance filmmaker, as well as a writer, movie fanatic, and zombie obsessive. He is the author of the Celebrityville series of books, which so far includes Celebrityville, Sleb: Tigress of Celebrityville, and How Mr Snuffles III an Others Met Their Maker. He is also the author of Dug Deep, and a staff writer for Sleaze Fiend Magazine, a publication that delves deep into the gritty world of exploitation cinema, and has written for Homepage of the Dead. He also reviews genre and eploitation films on his blog. In addition to his writing endeavours, Nick Thomson has worked in various capacities on a series of short films and documentaries, which have been screened around the globe and gained numerous awards and nominations from the likes of the Campfire Film Festival and the St. Tropez International Film Festival. He is currently developing further novel and screenplay projects including Celebrities vs Zombies, Divorcee Row, Taking Offence, A Sideline In Vengeance, and Murder at the Grindhouse.
- Author(s)Nick Thomson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.