All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCelestial Empire: Life in China, 1644-1911 provides a unique insight into the diversity of life in China during the last imperial dynasty. Through the lives of the Chinese people-from the Dowager Empress to the humble market seller; from the mountains of the interior to the cities of Beijing and Shanghai; from the early years of the Kangxi Emperor to the Boxer Rebellion-the book examines nearly 300 years of Chinese life, culture and tradition that provided the foundations of modern China. This collection includes material from the National Library of Australia and the National Library of China-the largest and most important library in the People's Republic of China. The book covers works on Chinese opera, art, calligraphy, epigraphy, religion, social ecomics, medicine, astromy, government, commercial treaties, Anglo-Chinese relations, travel and popular fiction. Experience China as it entered the modern age, with all the diversity of lived experience and cultural attainment brought vividly to life.
- Author(s)Nathan Woolley
- PublisherNational Library of Australia
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationCanberra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintNational Library of Australia
- Weight964 g
- Width220 mm
- Height250 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.