Celiac Disease: A Guide to Living with Gluten Intolerance by Steve Plogsted, Sylvia Llewelyn Bower, Mary Kay Sharrett (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.88+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully Revised and Updated An indispensable guide on how to safely alter your diet, manage your symptoms, and adjust to living gluten-free. Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder characterized by an inability to digest gluten, a protein found in wheat and other grains that affects as many as 1 in 133 Americans. Written by a nurse, dietician, and clinical pharmacist, Celiac Disease, Second Edition provides everything you need to kw to live a healthy wheat-free and gluten-free lifestyle including how to:* recognize and treat the most common symptoms* eat gluten-free and avoid hidden glutens, especially in common medications* prepare your kitchen and prevent cross-contamination* cook and bake gluten-free including delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes for breads, breakfasts, main courses, and desserts* dine out, travel, and entertain safely* tackle the emotional issues of having celiac disease* raise a child with celiac disease* and much more. Containing the most up-to-date research and packed with tips, resources, and a one-week meal plan to make going gluten-free easy, Celiac Disease</em gives you everything you need to live fully and richly while maintaining a gluten-free lifestyle.
- Author BiographySylvia Bower, RN, lives with celiac disease and has been a practicing nurse for 43 years. She has been an active participant in the Gluten Free Gang, one of the first gluten-free support groups. She is the author of Celiac Disease: A Guide to Living with Gluten Intolerance, a member of the Ohio Nurses Association, and has made numerous presentations at the National Annual Celiac Conference. She has published articles in a variety of outlets including the Gluten Intolerance Group Magazine. Steve Plogsted, PharmD, is a pharmacist at Columbus Children's Hospital in Columbus, OH, USA. He specializes in the prescription and over the counter medication needs of patients with celiac disease. He has spoken at numerous regional and national conferences on the topic of medication and the celiac patient. Mary Kay Sharrett, SM, RD, LD, CNSD, is a Clinical Dietician at Columbus Children's Hospital in Columbus, OH, USA. She is the clinical liaison to the Columbus Children's Hospital Gluten-Free Gang Support Group.
- Author(s)Mary Kay Sharrett,Steve Plogsted,Sylvia Llewelyn Bower
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.