Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe new experimental tools and approaches of modern biology have allowed us to better understand many fundamental properties of the eukaryotic cells. These significant discoveries have drastically changed the diagstic and therapeutic approaches of modern clinical practice. On April 18-22, 1988, an International Symposium on Cell Function and Disease was held in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, aimed at reviewing some of the most recent advances made in the following five areas: Genes and Human Diseases; Cellular and Molecular Pathology; Infectious Diseases; Brain Transplants and the New Approaches and Techniques with Potential Application to Cell Function and Disease. This book is based on the contributed papers of the symposium. To underline the importance of the clinical approach to the study of cell function and disease a section on this subject was added at the end of the book. The chapters in this volume include contributions by some of the leading scientists of the international scientific community and Mexico. During the course of this international conference, numerous discussions were held by the local and international representatives of the scientific community concerning the creation of an International Center of Molecular Medicine aimed at stimulating further interaction between molecular biologists, biochemists, biophyscists and clinicians. Such ideas received the endorsement and support of the Director General of the united Nations Educational and Scientific Organization (UNESCO), Federico Mayor, the Goverr of the State of Nuevo Leon, Jorge Trevi, and the Secretary of Health of Mexico, Guillermo Soberon.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/09/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight919 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byLuis Canedo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.