All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.29
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionTO THE SECOND EDITION When preparing the manuscript for the original edition of this book we were only partly aware of the pace at which the field of membrane transport was developing and at which new ideas as well as new techniques would be applied to it. The fact is that some of the chapters are w outdated (e. g. , the one on the molecular aspects of transport) and many others require revision in the light of new information that has appeared in the past five years. However, it is also true that we overemphasized in the first edition certain points that w appear less important and underestimated the impact of certain others that have since assumed a position among the most forcefully discussed topics of membrane research. In making amends, it was thus thought useful to include the discussion of these latter problems both in the theoretical and in the comparative sections and, on the other hand, to omit some of the less topical subjects. There was a different reason for rewriting the section on kidney and for dropping the section on mito- chondria. The help of an expert nephrologist was enlisted for improving chapter 24, while it was decided that mitochondria represent a special field both conceptually (being only subcellular particles) and methodologically (more indirect estimation techniques being involved than with whole cells or tissues) and that more adequate information can be found in treatises specializing in work with mitochondria.
- Author(s)Arnost Kotyk
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/10/2011
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight920 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1975
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.