Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionCell Membranes: Methods and Reviews is the continuation of a distinguished series of books edited by Edward Kom under the title Methods in Membrane Biology. While the original series minally dealt with methods for the study of membranes, its chapters were, in fact, much broader and covered the conceptual framework upon which the methods were based as well as the methodology per se. In continuing this series, we changed the title to reflect this broader point of view. We hope to present a series of volumes published at roughly annual intervals containing comprehensive reviews dealing with various aspects of membrane biochemistry. We will on occasion also include short chapters that deal exclusively with new methods and their applications. The biology of membranes as we view it is very broad and we hope therefore t only to include work that is directly related to molecules present in membranes but also to treat molecules that interact with membrane compo- nents. In each of the volumes we hope to have one or two areas of concen- tration and to include chapters that collectively present a balanced and com- prehensive review of those particular fields. In this first volume, we have concentrated on transport of solutes across the membrane. We are grateful to the authors, who have provided us with excellent and comprehensive chapters in these areas in a timely fashion.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/03/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight338 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byElliot Elson
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.