Consider these sponsored items
- AU $40.10Was:AU $42.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCraniosacral therapy (CST) has become an important modality in treating trauma and promoting wellness. With its gentle approach to working with the spine, the skull and its cranial sutures, diaphragms, and fascia, CST has proven equally useful for physical therapists, massage therapists, naturopaths, chiropractors, and osteopaths. One reason for its success has been its underlying theory, as explained by CST pioneer John Upledger. According to Upledger, bodily tissues and cells have individual memories, and traumatic memories can be stored in these cells and tissues. Cell Talk, written for the layperson, explores this concept in depth and shows practitioners how to use it in healing their patients. The book offers simple strategies for treating disease and dysfunction by communicating with these cells to uncover the memories and then follow the healing path they suggest. Upledger blends the scientific aspects of cell biology with insights into the nature of inner consciousness, in the process uncovering the deep links between physiology, energy, health, and healing. Fascinating case studies--from people rescued from serious ailments to -talking- with AIDS cells--show how these ideas can be turned into useful medical treatment. Fascinating anecdotes from the author's personal and work life add an intimate, human touch to this helpful book.
- Author BiographyJohn E. Upledger, DO, OMM, is a Certified Specialist of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, an Academic Fellow of the British Society of Osteopathy, and a Doctor of Science in alternative medicine. He is the founder and medical director of The Upledger Institute in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
- Author(s)John E. Upledger
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Out-of-print date06/12/2016
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, figures, graphs
- Weight962 g
- Width177 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.83Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.