All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionWith the recent development of new experimental approaches and methodologies, it is becoming clear that cells and tissues are t regulated by biochemical signals alone. Indeed, physical cues arising in the biological microenvironment are directly coupled to the biochemical regulation of living systems. This book provides a broad overview of how mechanical forces and properties govern diverse aspects of physiological and pathological processes. It also covers new emerging techniques developed to study complex biosystems such as microfluidics, traction force microscopy, and the development of vel biomaterials for tissue engineering. Importantly, the chapters in this book are t limited to applications in animal cell biology but also cover important dimensions in other kingdoms such as plants and bacteria. The aim is to provide a comprehensive overview of the roles that physical cues play in governing diverse forms of life, with an eye on the development of fundamental new kwledge, potential applications in biosensors, and vel biomedical techlogies.
- Author BiographyCharles M. Cuerrier received a PhD in pharmacology at the Universite de Sherbrooke, Canada. He is currently a postdoctoral fellow at the Center for Interdisciplinary Nanophysics, University of Ottawa, Canada, in collaboration with the University of Ottawa Heart Institute. He is the recipient of a postdoctoral fellowship from the Fonds de Recherche du Quebec-Sante and of the Ernest and Margaret Ford Research Fellowship in Cardiology. Andrew E. Pelling received a PhD in physical chemistry at the University of California, Los Angeles, USA, and did his postdoctoral research as a senior research fellow at the London Centre for Nanotechnology, University College London, England. He is currently an associate professor and Canada Research Chair in Experimental Cell Mechanics at the University of Ottawa, Canada. He leads the Pelling Lab for Biophysical Manipulation at the Center for Interdisciplinary Nanophysics, University of Ottawa.
- PublisherPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Content Note67 black & white illustrations, 28 colour illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAndrew E. Pelling,Charles M. Cuerrier
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.