All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionAmong the many books published on 3G and cellular telecommunications, this introduction stands out due to its broad coverage of the subject and straightforward explanations of the principles and applications using a minimum of maths. Writing as an engineer for engineers, Ian Poole provides a systems-level view of the fundamentals that will enhance the understanding of engineers involved working in this fast-paced field. Equally, the book helps students, technicians and equipment manufacturers to gain a working kwledge of the applications and techlogies involved in cellular communications equipment and networks. The book focuses on the latest 2G, 2.5G and 3G techlogies, including GSM (with GPRS and EDGE), NA-TDMA, cdmaOne (IS-95), CDMA2000 and UMTS (W-CDMA), with material on developing areas such as HSDPA. The fundamentals of radio propagation, modulation and cellular basics are also covered in a way that will give readers a real grasp of how cellular communications systems and equipment work.
- Author BiographyIan Poole is an established electronics engineering consultant with considerable experience in the communications and cellular markets. He is the author of a number books on radio and electronics and he has contributed to many magazines in the UK and worldwide. He is also winner of the inaugural Bill Orr Award for technical writing from the ARRL.
- Author(s)Ian Poole
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication08/02/2006
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNewnes (an imprint of Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd )
- Content NoteApprox. 100 illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.