All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionCeltic Geographies questions traditional conceptualizations of Celticity that rely on an homogeus interpretation of what it means to be a Celt in contemporary society. The various contributors break away from these traditional interpretations to critically explore a Celticity that is diverse in character. The book explores a number of themes that are central to historical and contemporary Celticity: * the historical geographies of Celtic peoples * devolution and politics in Celtic regions, such as Wales and Scotland * the commodification of Celticity in the tourism practices of Brittany and Ireland * the role of diaspora in the development of Celtic identities, in both North America and in the west of Scotland * the relationship between Celticity and forms of contemporary culture.
- Author BiographyDavid C. Harvey is Lecturer in Geography at the University of Exeter, Rhys Jones is Lecturer in Geography at the University of Wales Aberystwyth, Neil McInroy is a consultant with the Centre for Local Economic Strategies and Christine Milligan is Lecturer at Lancaster University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/12/2001
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note15 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChristine Milligan,David C. Harvey,Neil McInroy,Rhys Jones
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.