Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionShould there be warning labels on fast foods? Should SUV drivers pay extra taxes? Should employers be allowed to require drug testing of prospective employees? This introductory biology text helps you learn the process of science and basic biological principles while encouraging you to think about critical issues. New Take Home Messages help you grasp key concepts while special features like the chapter opening case studies and How Would You Vote? questions make the material come to life. New Figure It Out questions in many illustrations help you understand the concepts communicated in the figures and the new Data Analysis Activities at the end of every chapter strengthen your analytical skills. This book has been widely praised for clear and engaging writing, art with step-by-step callouts, and terrific support from student media that all work together to help you get biology.
- Author BiographyLisa Starr has been responsible for the incredible art in the Starr biology textbooks for many years. She has worked at as a research scientist at The Scripps Institute as well as several other institutions. Her area of expertise is biochemistry, molecular and cell biology. For the past two decades, Cecie Starr has been known as one of the best-selling biology textbook authors. Her texts, appreciated for their clarity in both the written word and the visual representation of biological concepts, include multiple editions of Biology: the Unity and Diversity of Life, Biology: Concepts and Applications, and Biology Today and Tomorrow. Her original dream was to become an architect. Instead of building houses, she now builds, with care and attention to detail, incredible texts based on this philosophy: I invite students into a chapter through an intriguing story. Once inside, they get the great windows that biologists construct on the world of life. Biology is not just another house. It is a conceptual mansion. I hope to do it justice. Christine Evers has been creating multimedia and Web-based materials to supplement Starr and other science texts for ten years. She earned her B.S. in Biology from SUNY Stony Brook. After working as a research assistant studying the developmental biology of slime mold, she was awarded an N.S.F. fellowship to attend Yale, where she studied evolutionary biology and honeybee behavior. She has a strong interest in science education and serves as a member of her local school board.
- Author(s)Cecie Starr,Christine A. Evers,Lisa Starr
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication08/06/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight1497 g
- Width231 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.