All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionWith 19 chapters organized into five units, BUILDING A SPEECH, 8th EDITION guides students through the step-by-step process of developing public speaking skills through observation, peer criticism, personal experience and instructor guidance. Readings and exercises help students draft informative and persuasive speeches and improves their research and speechwriting skills. Topics such as apprehension and listening help students realize that they are t alone in their struggle to find the confidence to speak in public. BUILDING A SPEECH is grounded in the philosophy that students can master the steps of speech construction when provided with a caring environment, clear direction, and creative examples. Plus, this new Eighth Edition of BUILDING A SPEECH -- a Cengage Advantage Book -- continues the tradition of providing proven texts at lower prices.
- Author BiographyDr. Metcalfe is the Chair of the Communications Department at the Community College of Baltimore County. He has taught the basic speech course for over 30 years. He is the author of two interactive CD-ROMs on speech training, a videodisc, and the Instructor's Manual to BUILDING A SPEECH, Seventh Edition. In addition to teaching, Dr. Metcalfe is a licensed private pilot, enjoys motorcycling during the warmer months, and playing the piano.
- Author(s)Sheldon Metcalfe
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight762 g
- Width203 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.