Cengage Advantage Books: The American Pageant: Volume 2: : Since 1865 by Lizabeth Cohen, David M. Kennedy (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $192.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloped to meet the demand for a low-cost, high-quality history book, this economically priced version of THE AMERICAN PAGEANT, Fifteenth Edition, offers readers the complete narrative while limiting the number of features, photos, and maps. All volumes feature a paperback, two-color format for those seeking a comprehensive, trade-sized history text. THE AMERICAN PAGEANT enjoys a reputation as one of the most popular, effective, and entertaining texts in American history. The colorful anecdotes, first-person quotations, and trademark wit bring American history to life. The fifteenth edition includes markedly deeper explorations of the cultural innovations, artistic movements, and intellectual doctrines that have engaged and inspired Americans and shaped the course of American history. Additional features of THE AMERICAN PAGEANT help you understand and master the content: chapter-ending chronologies provide a context for the major periods in American history, while other features present global context and key historical figures for analysis. Available in the following split options: CENGAGE ADVANTAGE BOOKS: THE AMERICAN PAGEANT, Fifteenth Edition Complete, Volume 1: To 1877, and Volume 2: Since 1865.
- Author BiographyLizabeth Cohen received her Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley. She is the Howard Mumford Jones Professor of American Studies in the history department and the Dean of the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University. In 2007-2008 she was the Harmsworth Professor of American History at Oxford University. Previously, she taught at New York University and Carnegie Mellon University. The author of many articles and essays, Dr. Cohen was a Pulitzer Prize finalist for her first book, MAKING A NEW DEAL: INDUSTRIAL WORKERS IN CHICAGO, 1919-1939, for which she later won the Bancroft Prize and the Philip Taft Labor History Award. She authored A CONSUMERS' REPUBLIC: THE POLITICS OF MASS CONSUMPTION IN POSTWAR AMERICA (2003), and is currently writing SAVING AMERICA'S CITIES: ED LOGUE AND THE STRUGGLE TO RENEW URBAN AMERICA IN THE SUBURBAN AGE, on urban renewal in American cities after World War II. At Harvard, she has taught courses in 20th century American history, with particular attention to the intersection of social and cultural life and politics. She now oversees the Radcliffe Institute, a major center for scholarly research, creative arts, and public programs. David M. Kennedy received his Ph.D. from Yale University. He is the Donald J. McLachlan Professor of History Emeritus and co-director of The Bill Lane Center for the Study of the North American West at Stanford University. His first book, BIRTH CONTROL IN AMERICA: THE CAREER OF MARGARET SANGER, was honored with both the Bancroft Prize and the John Gilmary Shea Prize. He has won numerous teaching awards at Stanford, where he teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses in American political, diplomatic, intellectual, and social history, and in American literature. Dr. Kennedy published a volume in the OXFORD HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES, FREEDOM FROM FEAR: THE AMERICAN PEOPLE IN DEPRESSION AND WAR, 1929-1945, for which he was honored with the 2000 Pulitzer Prize. He is an elected fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and of the American Philosophical Society, and he served from 2002-2011 on the board of the Pulitzer Prizes.
- Author(s)David M. Kennedy,Lizabeth Cohen
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight764 g
- Width161 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement15th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.