All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPacked with sample speeches illustrating what to do as well as plenty of examples detailing what t to do, this value-priced public speaking text equips students with the essential skills and theories needed to become an effective public speaker. ESSENTIALS OF PUBLIC SPEAKING emphasizes critical thinking as it delivers abundant practical advice, intriguing discussions on the role of ethics in public speaking, and up-to-date coverage on effectively using techlogy in speech development and delivery. The sixth edition features a new streamlined organization, a revised initial chapter that gets students speaking right away with 11 types of introductory speeches, and two new chapters (one on ethics and techlogy in public speaking and ather on team presentations). You also have the option of enhancing your students' learning experience with a wealth of techlogy resources such as CourseMate, which includes access to videos of sample speeches, text-specific study tools, the MindTap Reader(R) interactive eBook, SpeechBuilder Express(TM) 3.0 speech-outlining program, the InfoTrac(R) College Edition online library, and more.
- Author BiographyCheryl Hamilton, an author well known for her writing style and award-winning teaching, is professor emeritus at Tarrant County College-NE Campus in the Communication Arts Department where she served as department chair and communication professor and continues to teach each fall semester to stay close to students and try out new textbook material. Her numerous awards -- including the Chancellor's Award for Exemplary Teaching -- show her love of teaching. Although she specialized in business communication and public speaking, Dr. Hamilton taught more than 10 different communication courses. Throughout her career, she served as mentor to many beginning teachers; presented more than 40 papers at national conferences; conducted numerous seminars for large and small corporations; served on multiple educational committees; and authored two additional texts -- THE ESSENTIALS OF PUBLIC SPEAKING and COMMUNICATING FOR SUCCESS. An Illinois native, Dr. Hamilton received her bachelor's degree from Eastern Illinois University, her master's degree from Purdue University, and her doctoral degree from the University of North Texas.
- Author(s)Cheryl M. Hamilton
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight758 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement6th edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.