All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- Description560 color photos and engaging text take readers on a journey back to a world first of tropical climates and then plunging into an Ice Age. It covers the Miocene, Pliocene, Pleistocene, and Holocene Epochs, and includes a dazzling array of fossils, including plants, mollusks, sharks, insects, mammoths, and mastodons. This is the age when familiar plants and animals arise and where humans first appear on the Earth. Human intelligence grows and early tools are also included in this sweeping review of recent geological history. The tools include hand axes, Paleolithic scrapers, and an easily recognizable Clovis spear point. Explore the dawning of the world we kw. Current value ranges for the fossils displayed here are included. This is the perfect gift for anyone who has wondered where we all came from and evidence of how things used to be.
- Author BiographyBruce L. Stinchcomb is a retired professor of geology and has published extensively in both non-technical and technical literature, which includes extensive material on Cambrian fossils of the Ozarks. He also has written ten other Schiffer titles on fossils and other geo-collectibles.
- Author(s)Bruce L. Stinchcomb
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication20/12/2010
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note560 color photos
- Weight770 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.