All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionAuthoritative guide to a rapidly growing Linux distribution This is one of the first, if t the first comprehensive guide to the CentOS Linux operating system. Linux guru Tim Borcyzyk, thoroughly covers the topic whether you're a Linux vice or a regular who w wants to master this increasingly popular distribution. First find out how to install and configure CentOS. From there, you'll cover a wealth of Linux and CentOS tools, functions, and techniques, including: how to work in the GNOME and KDE desktop environments; how to use the Linux shell, file system, and text editor; how to configure CUPS printers, Samba for file and printer sharing and other features using GUI tools; and more. CentOS (Community ENTerprise Operating System) is a Linux operating system maintained by a small team of core developers based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Lead author Christopher Negus is the bestselling Linux author of such books as Fedora 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible and Linux 2009 Edition Bible; he is also a member of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux training team Tech edited by key member of the CentOS development team, Ralph Angenendt, and foreword written by lead CentOS developer, Karanbir Singh. Learn how to set up users, automate system tasks, back up and restore files, and prepare for the latest security issues and threats; also learn how to use and customize the desktop menus, icons, window manager, and xterm; and how to create and publish formatted documents Explores available Linux multimedia applications for graphics, audio, video and CD burning The DVD includes complete copy of the most current CentOS Distribution - CentOS 5.3 For getting the most out of CentOS Linux, this is the book you need to succeed. Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are t included as part of eBook file.
- Author BiographyTimothy Boronczyk is a professional software developer by day, and a freelance programmer and author by night. Christopher Negus is the author of the bestselling Red Hat Linux Bible, Linux Toys, and Linux Toolbox series. He is an instructor for Red Hat, Inc., training students for RHCT and RHCE certification.
- Author(s)Christopher Negus,Timothy Boronczyk
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/08/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleBible
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Out-of-print date31/01/2017
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1504 g
- Width187 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine52 mm
- Contained items statementContains DVD
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.