All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionCentered Riding is t a style of riding as are dressage, hunter seat, or Western. Rather, it is a way of reeducating a rider s mind and body to achieve greater balance in order to better communicate with the horse. Founder Sally Swift revolutionized riding by showing that good use of the human body makes a world of difference on horseback. Early in her work, she established what she calls the Four Basics centering, breathing, soft eyes, and building blockswhich, together with grounding, are the main tenets of her method. When a rider learns and maintains these basics, then harmony between horse and human is possible. Sally Swift s first book, <i>Centered Riding</i>, made its revolutionary appearance in 1985 and continues as one of the best-selling horse books of all time. This second book doesn't replace the first one, it complements it. In the intervening years, <i>Centered Riding</i> continued to evolve, and Sally inevitably developed many new concepts and fresh imagery, all of which are presented here.
- Author Biography<b>Sally Swift</b> is a world-renowned as the founder of Centered Riding(r) and had been leading a revolution in rider awareness for 30 years. Many of her groundbreaking techniques for riders are drawn from her use of the Alexander Technique, the study of anatomy, and other bodywork methods used for her own physical therapy to treat scoliosis. The book <i>Centered Riding</i> first took the horse world by storm in 1985 with innovative ideas such as building blocks, soft eyes, centering, and breathing. Sally continued to develop her ideas over the years and proudly oversaw a Centered Riding(r) organization with an active membership and many instructors Sally trained herself to carry on her legacy of good riding. Sally died in April 2009 three weeks shy of her 96th birthday.
- Author(s)Sally Swift
- PublisherTrafalgar Square
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationVT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTrafalgar Square
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight980 g
- Width213 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.