CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionParts of Central America and most of the Caribbean islands have been turned into attractive, and often expensive, playgrounds for the leisure-hungry citizens of North America and Western Europe. But the individual who travels to that area of the world for reasons other than business or tourism may easily be faced with unexpected situations that can often be hilarious, but also scary and unsettling. From the traumatic shock experienced by a young Scottish woman while she lives with the peaceful Kuna Indians on the archipelago of San Blas to the unplanned adventures of a petit-bourgeois French couple in Venezuela, Tobago and Belize, the five stories that make up this collection contain, to a greater or lesser degree, the ingredients responsible for those unexpected situations. Each storyline develops from actual events and episodes in the lives of some of the main characters. These are sometimes based on real people; sometimes they are simply the product of the author's imagination. The reader must decide what is fiction and what is real, bearing in mind at all times the old cliche that life is stranger than fiction.
- Author BiographyEduardo de Benito worked for many years in London as a broadcaster, writing talks and features for the BBC World Service, and as London correspondent of Spanish political weeklies. The son of Spanish exiles from General Franco's fascist regime in Spain, he was brought up in Bogota, Mexico City and Paris. He has published two books in Spanish, and Only a Little Protocol (978-1-84386-910-8), his first novel in English, was published by Vanguard Press in 2011. He now lives, writes, sails and walks in North Norfolk.
- Author(s)Eduardo De Benito
- PublisherPegasus Elliot Mackenzie Publishers
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVanguard Press
- Out-of-print date05/10/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.